Yep, that’s right, these Indian superfoods can be life-changing.
Research shows that superfoods can prevent certain diseases from popping up, like heart disease and cancer.
Superfoods rich in antioxidants protect your cells from damage, increase your immunity and decrease your inflammation.
The ancient Ayurvedic tradition has long recommended eating these superfoods to promote good health and longevity. They include many fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, spices, herbs and oils.
“Superfoods help promote health by increasing your immune function and decreasing your chance of disease prevention or progression, according to dietitian Beth Czerwony“
Let’s see top 5 Indian Superfoods for the start.
1. Amla – The Indian Gooseberry
It’s one of the oldest known medicinal plants in India and was used as a cure for everything from skin diseases to cancer.
The benefits of Amla are many. Let’s look at some of them:
- Promotes your immune function
- Enhances your liver health
- Aids your digestion
- Increases your hair growth
2. Moringa – The Indian Spinach
This plant has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a wide range of ailments.
It contains the following vitamins in high levels:
- Vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy vision, immunity, and fetal growth
- Vitamin C, which protects the body from pollutants and toxins
- Vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant
- And besides containing Vitamins B1, B2, B6, folic acid, iron, calcium, potassium, zinc, magnesium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, selenium and protein
3. Fenugreek Seeds – The Indian Spice
In India, fenugreek seeds are often added to food as a spice or condiment.
Their uses and benefits are as follows:
- Used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat digestive disorders, skin diseases and even cancer
- According to research, fenugreek can boost your testosterone levels and sexual function in you
- Fenugreek seeds may control your diabetes and your blood sugar levels
4. Black Pepper – The Indian Condiment
Black pepper is called the king of spices.
Used extensively in Ayurveda for thousands of years due to its high concentration of potent, beneficial plant compounds.
Let’s look at some of the stunning benefits of black pepper:
- It is high in antioxidants which might shield you from heart disease and cancer
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce your arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
- May improve your blood sugar control
- May lower cholesterol levels
5. Turmeric – The Indian Curry Powder
Turmeric is called the Golden Spice.
Turmeric has been used as an anti-inflammatory agent for centuries in India.
It contains curcuminoids, which are powerful antioxidants that protect against cancer and other diseases.
Benefits of turmeric are as follows:
- As it has anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces your inflammation, importantly in your joints
- It’s a pain reliever. It is known to relieve arthritis pain
- Improves your liver function because of its antioxidant properties
- Aids your digestion, as it is a digestive healing agent
We hope you had a good read!
Want to know more? Please be in Touch with Us, and we will be more than happy to assist you!