Yep, that’s right, these Indian superfoods can be life-changing.
Research shows that Indian superfoods can prevent certain diseases from popping up, like heart disease and cancer.
Indian superfoods rich in antioxidants protect your cells from damage, increase your immunity and decrease your inflammation.
The ancient Ayurvedic tradition has long recommended eating these Indian superfoods to promote good health and longevity. They include many fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, spices, herbs and oils.
“Superfoods help promote health by increasing your immune function and decreasing your chance of disease prevention or progression, according to dietitian Beth Czerwony“
Let’s see top 5 Indian Superfoods for the start.
1. Amla – The Indian Gooseberry
It’s one of the oldest known medicinal plants in India and was used as a cure for everything from skin diseases to cancer. It’s also one of the cheapest Indian superfoods.
The benefits of Amla are many. Let’s look at some of them:
- Promotes your immune function
- Enhances your liver health
- Aids your digestion
- Increases your hair growth
2. Moringa – The Indian Spinach
This plant has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a wide range of ailments. It is one of the most freely available of Indian superfoods.
It contains the following vitamins in high levels:
- Vitamin A, which helps maintain healthy vision, immunity, and fetal growth
- Vitamin C, which protects the body from pollutants and toxins
- Vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant
- And besides containing Vitamins B1, B2, B6, folic acid, iron, calcium, potassium, zinc, magnesium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, selenium and protein
3. Fenugreek Seeds – The Indian Spice
In India, fenugreek seeds are often added to food as a spice or condiment. These Indian superfoods are an integral part of our essential cooking.
Their uses and benefits are as follows:
- Used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat digestive disorders, skin diseases and even cancer
- According to research, fenugreek can boost your testosterone levels and sexual function in you
- Fenugreek seeds may control your diabetes and your blood sugar levels
4. Black Pepper – The Indian Condiment
Black pepper is called the king of spices.
Used extensively in Ayurveda for thousands of years due to its high concentration of potent, beneficial plant compounds.
These Indian superfoods add spice to your life!
Let’s look at some of the stunning benefits of black pepper:
- It is high in antioxidants which might shield you from heart disease and cancer
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce your arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
- May improve your blood sugar control
- May lower cholesterol levels
5. Turmeric – The Indian Curry Powder
Turmeric is called the Golden Spice.
It has been used as an anti-inflammatory agent for centuries in India.
It contains curcuminoids, which are powerful antioxidants that protect against cancer and other diseases.
Turmeric is one of the most potent and widely used Indian superfoods in our cooking.
Benefits of turmeric are as follows:
- As it has anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces your inflammation, importantly in your joints
- It’s a pain reliever. It is known to relieve arthritis pain
- Improves your liver function because of its antioxidant properties
- Aids your digestion, as it is a digestive healing agent
If you have a question related to this blog post, write to us here and we will update this post with a response.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to write to us at email@example.com or call us directly at +91 9176655912
You can also visit Here to know more about how we can help you and make your life better.